Friday, October 22, 2010

Georgia National Fair

Our third field trip this fall (wow! are we getting any book work done? yes, we actually are.) was to the Georgia National Fair in Perry Georgia. My two youngest children and I have been to this fair once about three years ago. This time, my husband was able to accompany us.





The only thing that was disappointing was the fact that the livestock shows were not scheduled to start until the next day! We don't show any livestock, but it is fun to watch some of the shows. The first time we went to this fair we were able to watch the miniature horse show. That was pretty cool, so we were disappointed that we didn't get to see that again. But other than that, we had a fabulous time at the Georgia National Fair!


at the poultry exhibit
It was fun seeing the baby chicks. We were even able to watch one hatch in the incubator!


watching a baby chick hatch



at the petting zoo


maybe he's not too happy with his cage mates





Are we in Mayberry?
This is my child that keeps us laughing!



an archaeology exhibit


at the circus



 an Australian animal exhibit

my little "upside-down" joey... I told you he's the family comedian.

heritage exhibits



enjoying honey straws while waiting for the show to begin


photo op with the cast of "Wild West Shenani-Guns"

As you can see, we had a wonderful time at the national fair! I hate that we missed the livestock shows, though. Well, some of them! As I said before, the miniature horse show is so cute. We enjoyed a magic show, a science show, an animal education show, a pig race (my son was chosen to participate in the race, but his pig didn't win), and the circus. There was so much to see and do, we didn't have time to go to the midway for the rides. But no matter. We had a fabulous day nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.