Thursday, December 30, 2010

Two Weeks After the Accident...

I paid a visit to the chiropractor today. I'm still in alot of pain (head, neck and back), and have tried to make a doctors appointment to be referred to a doctor who specializes in neck and back injuries. But of course, all the doctors in town seem to have taken the rest of the year off! And if you've been reading my blog long, you know that I live in Smalltown, USA, so life can be downright difficult here sometimes! Not at all like the big cities with lots of doctors to choose from.

I have some friends who absolutely swear by chiropractors, and after discussing my pain issues with one of those friends today, I decided to give it a try! One thing about the visit that I really liked was the fact that I didn't have to have an appointment; they accept walk-ins. The down-side to today's visit: their x-ray machine was down. So we don't yet know if any vertebrae are out of alignment, but of course that's what they suspect.

So she didn't do an adjustment today, but they did start my therapy. A four-page questionnaire followed by questions from the nurse followed by evaluations. Then a TENS therapy session, followed by a hot towel massage. I must admit, that part was wonderful. I could get used to the massages!

I have to go back tomorrow for my next therapy session, and she said the x-ray machine is supposed to be working by then. So we can see the extent of my injuries.

On top of the pain I am suffering from my injuries, I am still so stressed out over the outcome of this whole situation. It is simply ludicrous and unbelievable! I went by the police station today to pick up a supposedly amended report. I was so angry when I finished reading it. I just want to ask the officer who wrote up the report if he was really the officer at the scene! I can't believe how many discrepancies are in the report. And my statement that he wrote contains very little of what I actually said, and alot of what I never said at all!

Despite having written statements from three eyewitnesses at the scene of the accident, the police report still refuses to cite the lady who ran through the red light and hit me as the cause or fault of the accident! And I spoke with an agent from her insurance company today to see if they have received the amended report along with the witness statements. The agent told me that the police report doesn't list their insured at fault, so they likely will not assume liability for the damage/injuries. Not a happy day for me...

My husband is off work tomorrow so he told me tonight that we will go together to the police station tomorrow and ask to meet with the police chief and the attending officer to discuss the report. Not sure if it will do any good, but I suppose it can't hurt to try.

I have become so depressed over this situation that seems as if it should be so cut and dry! I mean really, lady runs red light and hits my vehicle rendering it un-drivable, injuring me and my daughter. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who is at fault here! Especially when you have three other people (not counting my daughter and me) who saw what happened. And yes, I do have insurance, so if her insurance won't assume liability, mine will cover some things, but I will incur out-of-pocket expenses, mainly a very high deductible, as well as medical bills.

In the meantime, will you join me in praying that God will work all of this out? I know that He allows things to happen for a reason. I am trying to trust in Him through it all, and trying not to worry. But I think the stress of it all is making my pain worse.

~Lord Jesus... please help me to trust in You. I am Your child and You have promised to take care of my needs. I know that worry, fear and anxiety have no place in a believer's life, but Lord it is so hard not to let them in sometimes! Please, Lord, take away the worry and replace it with Your peace. Please, Lord, work all of this out for my good and Your glory.~

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry things are so rough right now, so much going on that seems so unfair. I want to share something with you that struck me a couple of years ago --

    http://graceandrew.blogspot.com/2008/04/its-not-fair.html Andrew, who wrote that entry, passed away on February 6, 2009 at 27 years of age and left a tremendously godly example of the beauty of Christ's grace in suffering.

    His wife's entry as he was dying:
    http://graceandrew.blogspot.com/2009/02/gift.html

    And after the funeral as she is reminded of our Father's perfect faithfulness:
    http://graceandrew.blogspot.com/2009/02/home.html

    I believe these two people were given to the body to encourage and edify us - they have done so for me, and so I pass their expressed hearts on to you. May you be strengthened and as always and in every situation,

    Turn your eyes upon Jesus
    Look full in His wonderful face
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
    In the light of His glory and grace.

    In Christ,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.