Friday, February 25, 2011

A Phone Call

I received a phone call today.

From our adoption resource developer. We call her "the adoption lady."

It seems we are getting closer! She said she has to finish writing our home study and turn it in to her supervisor. She has to take a few pictures of our family. She said by mid-March we should be able to start the process of choosing our child (or children).

Choosing our child.

How do you choose a child? How do you choose just one? Just one, out of millions, who have no mommy and daddy. No permanent family. No home to call their own.

Adopt ~ 1. To take as one's own choice. 2. To take (a child of other parents) and bring up as one's own child.

Adoption --What a wonderful picture of God's grace, of His love and mercy! That He would choose me. That He would take me (a child of another parent - the devil) and bring me up as His own child. My heavenly Father loved me so much that He chose me, and adopted me into His family, making me His heir, granting me all the rights and privileges of a natural-born child.

How could I not extend that same grace, love and mercy? I've seen before the slogan, "Adoption: It's a God Thing." Now I understand. Now I see.

I'm very excited, but at the same time... as the time draws nearer, my heart begins to ache for the ones that I won't choose. Not that I deliberately won't choose one, but I can't adopt them all. And God knows that.

I'm so excited to see how He is moving on behalf of the orphan! I can't believe the number of people that I have met (and continue to meet), some right here in my own town, many in the blog world, who are adopting/have adopted. God is opening doors. He's softening hearts. He's setting the lonely in families! Make no mistake about it, God's heart is for the orphan. He commands us in His word to take care of them. He will move mountains on their behalf. He is moving mountains on their behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.