Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter Vacation~2011

We've gotten into the routine of taking a winter vacation, in addition to a summer one. My husband says it is his stress reliever (lol). He plans for them, saves for them and ensures that they happen!

This year we went back to Gatlinburg, Tennessee (we went there last December). Only this time we went with his sister and her husband. We had hoped that her whole family would be able to go, but unfortunately both her daughters (and her son-in-law) had to work during the time frame we were gone.

We had so much fun! I love Gatlinburg, and would really like to visit there during the summer sometime (but we usually do a beach vacation in the summer). We enjoyed strolling the streets of downtown and visiting all the little shops. We visited Dollywood, country music singer, Dolly Parton's theme park. It was really something to see this time of the year ~ over 4 million lights ~ every thing was so beautiful!

We enjoyed playing games in our condo at night. We just enjoyed being together. I LOVE spending time with our family!

Between my sister-in-law and myself, we took over 500 pictures! But don't worry, I will only share a few of them here!


This was taken at the place where we stayed, Mountain Loft Resort


Dollywood








Christmas on Ice, one of the many shows in Dollywood




my sister-in-law and brother-in-law


view from our balcony ~ this is why they are called the Smoky Mountains


playing card games at night


family shot in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

1 comment:

  1. love your pics!

    answering your comment from my blog...
    yes, those were my our gifts. chickens from Mike/Amber to all of us. Mike/Amber gave me the oven mit/pot holders from the Mercy House. I did get one book from Billy. Oh and a Casting Crowns cd from Mandi. My sister gave me a scentsy candle. I loved it. LOVED it.

    glad you are taking the Joy Dare!

    Hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.