Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Week to Remember

Well, here we are at the end of the week. We leave today to take my father-in-law and my brother-in-law part of the way home. We'll meet my sister-in-law at an interstate connection to drop them off with her.
The week seems to have flown by! The kids have had so much fun with Granddaddy. He always shares some tidbit of his history that we never knew about! Especially interesting was how he was a small child during the Great Depression and the memories he has of the stories his father shared with him of what life was like during that era. I suppose I should have gotten out the video camera and recorded all that he shared with us...lost opportunity now.


We had a lot of fun while they were here....listening, sharing, going. I'm so thankful that my kids have grandparents who take an interest in them. Even though we live so far away and only see Granddaddy a few times a year, we never feel disconnected from him. I know these years are fleeting and I'm so glad that we have an opportunity to make the most of them.


Joy and blessings be yours in abundance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.