Saturday, May 16, 2009

Countdown to Graduation

Wow! I know you're getting tired of hearing me say it, but....life is moving FAST! Graduation is only six days away!! I'm not ready! I was hoping to have a scrapbook of his high school years ready for display on his graduate's table, but I don't know if that will happen...I'm only finished with his junior year. I guess I might be able to make it by graduation night, but I was hoping to have it ready for the graduate reception at church this Sunday night! I guess we'll see how fast I can work on it tomorrow.

Honors Day was held at his school this past Wednesday. He is Salutatorian of his class. His best friend (who will also be his college room-mate) is Valedictorian. It's a small Christian school; there are only 12 seniors. I've been so busy with end-of-the-year activities for him that we haven't accomplished much of what I'd planned for homeschool this month with my other children. I've already warned them that we will still be in "school" after he finishes. But that's okay...learning is for a lifetime. And I'd already planned to do more reading throughout the summer anyway!

May the joy of the Lord be yours in abundance.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there and be sure to have tissues for the ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you my dear friend. Thought about you a lot today.... will be there to see him. You have done an excellent job with him. He is such a godly young man. I am excited for you... as you start this new journey. It is sweet...

    I am always here for you.... HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.