Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Graduation...And Life

Well, we made it! Graduation is over. Bittersweet...I didn't cry as much as I thought I would. God is gracious. He has sustained me. I know He will continue to sustain me. It was a wonderful ceremony. I have been to a graduation ceremony from this school a couple years ago and was very moved (and impressed). Amazing...every part of the ceremony pointed to God...praising Him through it all.
I am proud of my son, of his accomplishments. Yes, I'm thrilled that he's smart, and that he was salutatorian of his class. I'm pleased that he has been surrounded these last four years with Christian friends, who encourage each other in their moments of weakness. I'm so thankful that all of his teachers are Christians who share their passion for Christ on a daily basis. But more than this, I am so thrilled and thankful that my son has a passion for Christ and that he is in a vibrant, growing relationship with his Savior.


I know these are the reasons for the satanic attacks we seem to be under so often. The devil, our adversary, is roaming about, seeking whom he might destroy. I know he can't destroy our souls (because Jesus holds them in His hands, PTL!), but he does seek to destroy our Christian testimony! That serpent of old, the father of lies constantly tempts us in our areas of weakness. He seeks to entice us continually. He promises what he cannot deliver. And I sometimes grow weary of fighting the battle.

But I am so very grateful to my heavenly Father, for He hears me when I cry out to Him. He delivers me from the oppression. He holds me in His arms while I weep. And He delivers what He promises! He promises me rest. He knows that I am weary and He gives me rest. He is my Rock and my Salvation. He is my ever-present help in times of trouble. Praise Him for He is holy...praise Him for He is love...praise Him for He is my shield! I will glory in Christ alone!

1 comment:

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.