Monday, March 14, 2011

All Things New

Spring has sprung! Here in my small town in the South, anyway. I know it's not officially spring yet, but at least it feels like it is. What wonderful weather we're having (finally!). I think it's supposed to be in the 70's all week. Warm weather = capri pants and flip flops... Yay for warm weather!

I love this time of year. Signs of new life everywhere you look ...behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17.




All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, and Your saints shall bless You.
Psalm 145:10

It's time to get outside and start working in my yards... putting out new pine straw in the flower beds and around the shrubbery... planting new flowers! What a long awaited-for and much welcomed opportunity after being cooped up indoors for so long this winter. We had one of the coldest (and longest) winters this year. We usually have mild winters here. Hooray for the warm sunshine!

My little feathered friends are back. Throughout the day, when I look out my kitchen window, this is what I am greeted with:



And this:



His lovely little mate is on the ground beneath the feeder.



The pool is definitely in need of cleaning! Ick!


Most of what's floating around in there is a by-product of these guys...



And I usually wait to clean the pool after all the pine trees in my yard have stopped producing pollen. However, my littlest fellow was just looking for an excuse to get in the pool...


 So, he put on my wetsuit, jumped in and started scrubbing the pollen off the sides of the pool :) I will still probably wait until all the trees stop blooming before shocking the pool. Otherwise, the pollen will have the water all greenish-yellow again.

Can you tell I'm excited about the change in weather? Really, I like all the seasons. There's something unique and wonderful about each one. I don't think I have a definite favorite. God, in His infinite wisdom, has made each season special in its own way. And isn't He just amazing to share His wonderful creation with us? What a splendid way to make known His glory and majesty! 

Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them.
Psalm 69:34


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.