Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Just My Thoughts...

With all this racial controversy regarding the Zimmerman/Martin trial this is something that has been on my mind and in my heart of late...

John 13:34-35 - "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Why can't we just do as Jesus commanded? Why can't we love one another? Yes, it can be hard at times, but if Christ lives in you, let Him love through you. All this bigotry and hatred is only giving glory to the enemy, and why would we ever want to do that?

Love one another, pray for and encourage each other, stop stirring up strife, stop thinking you are better than everyone else, and stop thinking this world owes you anything. Ask yourself how you can serve others rather than how others can serve you. And yes, I am speaking to myself, as well.

We should make ourselves aware of the fact that the media is always on the lookout for ways to stir up strife and cause dissension among us, but we don't have to fall prey to their machinations. Why can't we see it for what it really is? Just another tactic the enemy uses to kill, steal and destroy.

Remember that little childhood song you learned... "Red and yellow, black and white, we are precious in His sight?" Maybe we need to be reminded of its truth. Regardless of our skin color, we are all image-bearers of God, and as such we should treat each other with kindness and respect. And what about the Golden Rule? Have we forgotten it? "Treat others as you want to be treated." Consider others more important than yourself. It really is that simple. I have to remind my children of this truth when they get caught up in sibling squabbles. I even have to remind myself of this when I become irritated and impatient with others.

We can't change other people, but we can allow God to change us. It has to begin with one. Let that one be you (and me). We can start a revolution, and I know this world will be a better place because of it. Just my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.