Monday, March 22, 2010

A Dear Friend

I had the opportunity this weekend to visit with an old friend... actually, she was more than a friend.

My former pastor's wife was my Sunday school teacher, my bible study teacher, my mentor and my friend for more than 12 years. I often refer to her as my spiritual mother, because my own dear mother went to be with Jesus when I was just 19 years old and when the Lord moved me to south Georgia when I was 24, she just sort of took me under her wing, so to speak.


My heavenly Father drew me to Himself under Mrs. Faye's teaching and ministry, and she challenged me to grow in my relationship with Him. She inspired me to study God's Word and to seek Him diligently. She encouraged me in my role of wife and mother. I will be forever grateful for her influence and guidance in my life.

I will admit that I was saddened when the Lord led Dr. Pete and Mrs. Faye away from our church approximately 7 years ago. God used their ministry to accomplish His will in so many ways. Mrs. Faye was a "Titus 2" role model and she delighted to know that the ladies under her tutelage were walking with the Lord, and just as pertinent, she admonished us when we weren't :).

In case she looks somewhat familiar to you, she had a role in the movie, Fireproof. In addition to teaching a weekly bible study at her current church, she also speaks at women's events. If you are interested in scheduling her to speak at an event, let me know and I will be glad to give you her contact information. My, the wisdom you can glean from this lady!

I am so thankful that I was able to have such a delightful visit with her!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful you had time to visit with her! And how wonderful to have someone like that in your life. I haven't found that type of mentor and could really use that type of loving advice and council from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.