Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away...?

Yesterday I was invited to join a friend for lunch. It had already begun to rain by the time I had to leave my house. As I was backing out of my garage onto our muddy dirt driveway, I thought to myself (and subsequently, to the Lord as well), "Oh why the rain today after these few days of blessed sunshine we've had?" Really, we've had LOTS of rain lately (and it's not even April yet!). "Lord," I thought, "Do we really need more rain?"



As I was heading down my driveway, towards the dirt road we live on, I began noticing small puddles of "greenish-yellowish" liquid underneath our pine trees. I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. Needless to say, all the way to town I noticed these puddles. In some places they even looked like small greenish rivers running along the sides of the streets. I smiled as I considered how much pollen was being washed away, before my allergies even had time to notice! And of course, I thanked God that He knows exactly what we need even -- no, in spite of -- when we think we know best.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.