Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A New Way of Seeing Things

Yes, we're still sick. But we are on the mend. None of us have much of an appetite, but there has been no fever among any of us today. Yay! We have all spent most of the day cuddled up in blankets on the couches.

Of course I have been a little down-hearted about us being sick for so long. But I know that I have a choice in my reaction. So... I've asked the Lord to show me something positive in all of this. And of course He did. Not just one thing, but lots. And isn't that just like Him?

So here are some things that I am thankful for amidst all this sickness:



1. We have had a lot more cuddle/snuggle time than usual.

2. We have had more time to play games together.

3. We have had LOTS more time to spend with Kate (she's usually at school all day, then practice or games all evening).

4. We haven't had to do many chores this week (just the bare necessities)! :)

5. Lizzie has been so sympathetic toward us, taking turns snuggling with each of us.

6. We haven't had to be on the go so much!

7. I've had more opportunities to practice showing love and kindness. Let's face it, I've been sick and feeling miserable, so most of the time I've just wanted to pull the covers over my head and pretend that I'm the only one at home. But as you know, Mommas can't do that. So there's been more time to put aside my needs and wants in order to meet theirs, even when I haven't felt well enough to do so. When I am weak, He is strong.

8. This too shall pass. This is just a little bump in the road, an opportunity for God to refine this vessel.

9. This is not a major illness we are facing. It could be so much worse.

I think that most of the time there is an opportunity to find something positive in the situations we find ourselves facing. It's just a matter of perspective. A matter of being willing to search for the good rather than focus on the negative. I am thankful that the Lord has used this situation to teach me a lesson or two. I pray that He will continue to conform me to His image, and that He will continually make my heart one of gratitude for His many blessings. No matter what shape or form those blessings may take!

May you see His hand and His blessings in your life as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're all feeling better VERY SOON! I LOVE the snowman in your background :). Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm trying to make my rounds to all the blogs I used to read and I'm going to try to post something every so often on my own blog! I've cut some things out of my schedule which should help give me time to do some things I really enjoy, but had been missing out on doing.. blogging being one of them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.