Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sick Again

I've managed to pick up a bug somewhere... again. Not quite as bad as the flu, but close. I could tell Friday night at the basketball games that I was starting to feel like maybe a head cold was coming on. By the time we got home around 10:00 pm, I was feeling pretty rotten. I was aching all over and felt so cold, so I checked my temperature. Sure enough, a fever. It was a little over 99 degrees, so I took some cold medicine, put an extra blanket on my side of the bed, and promptly went to sleep.

I didn't even wake up till after 11:00 am Saturday morning. Then I just crawled out of bed to take some more medicine and pile up on the couch with my pillows, blankets, tissues, and the tv remote control :). My Saturday went something like this: sleep, watch a little TLC, sleep, watch a little Discovery Channel, sleep, watch a movie, sleep... You get the idea. Oh yeah, and somewhere in the midst of all that sleeping and tv watching, my sweet husband made me a bowl of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.

I did feel a little better today. Although my fever is gone, I stayed home from church today. My head still hurts and I'm still very congested. I've just been resting. The couch and I have gotten to know each other pretty well over these last two days.

And now Kate is starting to feel bad, too. Her head hurts, she has a cough and is stuffy. I hope she's not getting whatever I've had.

We don't usually have this much sickness at our house. Not sure what's going on here. I'm beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with this unusually long cold spell we've had down here in the south. We are not used to it being this cold for this long! (ha/ha) As a matter of fact, I think we can dispel that myth about global warming :) !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.