Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just Some Things

Just some things I wanted to share... in no particular order
 
I found this gemstone mining kit and thought it would go along great with our geography unit right now. We are using Ann Voskamp's A Child's Geography Vol. 1, and we are loving it!


Will enjoyed digging for stones and he found 10. We haven't finished cleaning them up and determining what type of stone each one is just yet. In the picture below he is pointing out a stone he has found.


We think it's a crystal, but we haven't performed any tests on it yet to determine for sure.


Here we are with the home school group on a local field trip to the post office. The kids were able to have a behind the scenes tour with the post master.


They seemed to enjoy this field trip and had lots of questions for the post master.


Lovely flowers and chocolate for Valentine's Day from my sweet husband :)


I just had to post this picture. Has anyone else heard of this mysterious phenomenon? A broom standing up by itself? I kept seeing these pictures of brooms mysteriously standing all by themselves that people were posting on facebook. I finally asked one friend what was going on with the broom pictures. She said someone told her that this month the planets are aligned in such a way that it affects the gravity or something to that effect.

Maybe I'm just gullible, but I decided to try it, and... ta-da! There's my broom standing all by itself in my kitchen! My husband said that's the craziest thing he's ever heard of and if that's the case, then why is it just brooms standing by themselves, and not mops or pencils or baseball bats... 

I don't know, maybe brooms have always been able to stand by themselves and I just never knew it. Hmm... if only it could actually sweep the floor all by itself.



I mentioned that we have finished basketball, and now we are into softball season. Here's the team after our first game of the season.


Kate at 3rd base


my husband, the head softball coach


Kate at pitcher


going into the wind-up


Did I mention this is her favorite sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.