Monday, February 4, 2013

2012 Highlights in Pictures

January
 
just a little gemstone excavation kit I found to enhance our geology study...



 
 field trip to the post office

 
February
 
just some things I see when I look out my kitchen windows...

 
 
Gabe's visit...
 
 
ACA Lady Eagles capture the GCAA Division I Basketball State Championship title!
 
something from my sweetheart on Valentine's Day...
  
Kate's class field trip to Savannah, GA...
on River Street...
 
Kate celebrates her "Sweet 16"(th) birthday. Flowers and a lunch date with her daddy...
 
 
March
 
 field trip to Rescue Ranch...
some of the children performing a worship dance for us
 
enjoying our picnic lunch...
 
the road leading to Refuge Ranch...
If you missed my post about this marvelous place and how God is using this family to minister to "the least of these," you can read about it here.
 
a sweet addition to our extended family, a precious little great-niece...
 
God brought a new pastor to our church...
He is a wonderful man of God, led by the Holy Spirit, with a vision to reach the lost and share the good news of the gospel.
Wow! Have we been blessed by this man and his family! I am so thankful that God has led them here!
 
 
April
 
Ryan celebrates his 21st birthday! We just happened to have a game, on his birthday, against a team in Statesboro, where he is in college! (How good is God, to work that out?!?)
 
ACA Lady Eagles softball team takes 1st Place in Region Championship play! 
 
my blessings on Easter morning
 
 
May
 
ACA Lady Eagles are GCAA Division I Softball State Champions!
 
Kate is selected as Tournament MVP
proud Daddy and Coach!
  
Spring Sports Banquet...
Kate receives the "Circle Award" (best pitcher)
and each member of the team received a plaque to recognize
REGION and STATE Champs
 
As State Champions, our softball team was invited to play in the NACA National Tournament, held at Fort Bluff Camp in Dayton, Tennessee
 
Kate made the All-Tournament Team and received Tournament MVP award
 
I suppose for this picture, the banner says it all...
So proud of our Lady Eagles! And my husband for the outstanding job he does coaching these young ladies! 
 
another proud moment shared between father and daughter...
 
Honor's Day...
"A" Honor Roll and Special Recognition in Geometry
 
our vacation in Virginia and Washington, DC
Shenandoah Crossing Wilderness Resort (where we stayed)
 
one of the best vacations ever for me!
If you missed my post about this trip, you can read about it here.
 
in front of the Lincoln Memorial...
 
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
aka the White House...

 Thomas Jefferson's Monticello...
 
on the back lawn of Monticello...
  
 
 
June
 
Vacation Bible School - God's Amazing Wonders
 
most of my crew served on the Recreation Leadership team...
 
our "pampered pet" Lizzie, with her new "do"
 
 
July
 
Stone Mountain
 
Will and friends...
  
We chaperoned our church youth group on a trip to an Atlanta Braves baseball game.
the high school group... 
 
We also chaperoned the group on a trip to Six Flags, too, but I didn't take my camera along.
 
We were invited to spend a weekend with our friends at their condo in Fernandina Beach.
so peaceful in the mornings before the crowds get out there...

 
We spent a few days at Myrtle Beach, SC at the end of July.
Hey, I've said it before and I'll say it again... we love the beach!

 
 
August
 
Kate got a new-to-us car... a Kia Optima
 
back to school... and now she can drive herself there
 
Gabe and Manny come to spend the weekend with us...
 
Bless their hearts, Mike tired them out in the pool!
 
I started babysitting this cute little fella...
 
so sweet!
 
Someone in this family, who shall remain nameless, celebrated her 43rd birthday...
and Kate made a cake to help celebrate
 
 
 
September
 
homeschool group "Olympics" co-op
Will is working the "javelin throw" booth...
  
Panama City Beach
My sister-in-law booked a place for a few days during fall break and invited us to go with them.
 
the cutest one on the trip... :)
 
Yep, our idea of relaxation...
 
 
 
October
 
Fall's here!
 
Mike took Ryan and Kate to an Auburn football game
 
Mike celebrated his 44th birthday...
 
 
 
November
 
Will celebrates his 14th birthday!
 
He's laughing at my candles.
The only candles I had in my stash were 13 single candles, a "1", a "0", and a "40" so I did what any good mother would do. I improvised. I cut the "0" off the "40" and put the "4" with the "1" that I had to make a "14" :).
 
 
December
 
a Pinterest idea for my doorway...
 
For my Christmas present this year, Mike took me to Charleston, SC, where he booked accommodations for us in the downtown historic district.
Of course, I was thrilled to be spending a few days in this historic city!
This is us touring the Aiken-Rhett House.
I could go on for days about the sights we saw in this city, but I'll save that story for another day!
 
our Christmas card photo...
 
ready to attend the Christmas Eve service at church...
 
Lizzie hopes Santa thinks she's been a good doggie!
 
She must have been good, because she had some new toys in her stocking :)
 
And I think Aubie was terribly excited about her millet sprays!
She kept running back and forth on the coffee table and then pecking at her seeds!
 
Christmas with my family...
my kids with Nana and Papa
 
almost my whole family...
missing one brother and his wife, and one brother's wife
 
Christmas with Mike's family...
my kids with Granddaddy
 
Everybody loves Bailey!
 

 
I just love this one... Mike is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on his kindle with Bailey.
She LOVES the theme song for this show and she will bounce up and down while it's playing.
Hot-dog, Hot-dog, Hot-diggity-dog!
 
And that's our year in pictures.  
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.