Monday, November 22, 2010

Update on Will - Pt. 2

Saturday's fever ranged from 99 to 101.2 degrees. I think he felt a little better. Still lying around more than being up. Sunday was definitely his best day. No fever all day. He even felt like celebrating his birthday! We put 12 candles on a strawberry cheesecake ice cream cake (his favorite) and sang happy birthday to him.





I stayed home with him Sunday morning while Mike, Ryan and Kate went to church. No fever. And even though by Sunday evening he had been fever-free for 24 hours, Mike stayed home with him while the rest of us went to church. Just to be on the safe side.

Will felt so much better, and he wanted to go out for pizza for his birthday, so we met them after evening service. Even though he felt better, he soon realized  he still didn't have much of an appetite and he couldn't even eat one full slice of pizza. *sigh* He's so tired of this.

At bedtime, I realized he had a rash on several places on his body. And his temperature was 99.6. After having no fever for 24 hours. Will this never end???






So, guess where we went today? Yep, back to the doctor. This led the doctor to believe that he does indeed have mono. Taking a penicillin-based antibiotic while having mono can produce a rash. So many questions. Was it strep throat? Is it mono? She thinks yes to both questions.

She took some blood to have it analyzed. She told me about 4 different things, other than the epstein barr virus that causes mono, that she wanted to check for. I can't remember it all. The mono test will take a week and a half to get the results back, but she should know something on the other tests today and she will call me tonight to discuss it.

He slept most of the morning. He has felt well enough today to play the wii with his brother. Although, he has eaten very little today. And he has had no fever today. Can we be so fortunate as to continue to be fever-free tonight?

Thank you to those who have been praying. It means alot to me! It has definitely been a long week. And if it is mono, this could continue for a few more weeks! I'm praying that it is not mono, but then if it isn't, I would like to know what it is. I guess that's why she is running these other tests.

I will post more when I know more.



1 comment:

  1. bless your heart... what a week! Praying for it to be totally gone this morning!

    I have been praying for you ....

    I love you,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.