Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wedding Anniversary

I recently (like in August) celebrated 22 years of marriage to the love of my life. I've been thinking back over these wonderful years that God has given us. Of course it hasn't been just picture perfect. We've had our share of ups and downs, to be sure. But, if I could go back and do it all over again, I'd still choose him. I know, in the deepest recesses of my heart, that God picked him out just for me.

 

 

I guess that you could probably deduce, from my blog posts, that my husband's two favorite things in this world are fishing and going to the beach.


And you would be partially correct :). But I suppose I don't share enough about the other interests in his life.

He absolutely LOVES all things SPORTS. He loves to play sports; he loves to watch sports; he loves to coach sports. His very favorites are football, basketball and baseball/softball. He has played all of those at some point in his life, and he has coached all of them as well.

proud father and coach of a state and national championship team
 

He also loves to hunt, mostly deer, which is good because we eat alot of deer meat. It's a good bit less costly than beef. He says he mostly just enjoys being in the woods, watching the wildlife, especially seeing everything come to life as the sun comes up. Like me, he just enjoys being out in God's great big world, enjoying His creation.

He loves his family, that's for sure. He loves being with us, doing things together as a family. He is a wonderful provider and he takes that role very seriously.



 
 
 
He has always encouraged me in my desire to be a stay at home mom, and a homeschooling mom. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that his mom was always at home with him during his childhood. (My mom didn't have that liberty.) Or maybe it's just that he has been willing to follow the Lord's path for our family. Whatever the reason, he has always been very supportive of and desirous of me staying home, even in a time when it is not really cool to do so.
 
He has always been very involved in our children's lives, from the very beginning. He encourages them in their walks with the Lord. He supports them in following their dreams. He is a wonderful father.
 
He is perfect for our family, and I'm so thankful that God brought us together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.