Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He is Risen; He is Risen indeed!

"He is Risen!" These were the words I spoke Sunday morning as I awakened my children on Resurrection Sunday. "He is Risen indeed!" were the sleepily mumbled replies I heard from each of them. Oh what beautiful words for a beautiful day! Reminding us that our Savior lives! That He conquered death and is sitting at the right hand of God, pleading for us!


(left to right) Will, Kate and Ryan

The worship service at church was so moving. The Children's Choir and the Adult Choir presentations were awesome! The Spirit really spoke to my heart. How much like the two Marys at Jesus' tomb I am...quick to forget what He has already told me. That I am His...that He bought me at a price...that it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives within me.

I am so very grateful that He loves me, that He saved me, and that He has given me new life. I love Easter and all the different ways we celebrated. Our homeschool group made a "bunny in the grass" cake to take to someone whose home was in the flood zone here. Our Awana kids celebrated His death and resurrection with the Easter Story and an egg hunt. The church-wide egg hunt and celebration was fun and meaningful. My family made a "jelly bean prayer" floral arrangement and Resurrection Cookies; we read the Resurrection Eggs devotionals each night. And we were able to worship our risen Lord and Savior on Sunday.






the bunny cake

Margaret and Kate hunting eggs at the Awana Easter Celebration



Will hunting eggs at the Awana Easter Celebration




My family - husband - Mike, me, oldest - Ryan
youngest - Will, middle - Kate







Easter is amazing...




Our Lord, and His love for us is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. love your pics.... thanks for sharing. I updated mine today too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.