Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Please Pray

Well, it's been a while since I've been here. Life sure has gotten busier lately. With three kids playing baseball/softball (lots of practices and games), along with getting things in order for my high school senior's upcoming graduation, I've not had a lot of time to spare for the computer.


Most urgent and pressing is the fact that my dear father-in-law (82 years old) fell and broke his hip. My sister-in-law called this morning at 6 am to tell me that he fell last night around 8 pm. They took him to the ER where they spent 4 hours, before they decided to send him to a larger hospital (about an hour's drive away). They had to spend several hours in the ER at the new hospital before they settled him into a room. As of early this morning, they were planning to put his leg in traction. They will have to wait to do surgery when they get his coumadin levels reversed, hopefully this afternoon, possibly tomorrow morning.

It is times like these when I wish we lived closer to home so I could help my sister-in-law. She takes care of her dad and her handicapped brother (the ones who came to stay with us for a week back in March). They do have a brother who lives closer to them, and he will drive down to be with them for the surgery. I always feel as if I am never fully able to do my part in helping out. The best I can do here on my end of the situation is to pray. I have a feeling, though, that we'll be making a trip up this weekend, if all goes well with his surgery (possibly sooner).

Will you join me in praying for him, that everything goes well with his surgery, and for his recuperation?

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your FIL. It is so hard when they are older and they fall... so often a hip is broken. Remember my mom was at our house for Christmas and fell and broke her's. She too had to wait... and then surgery. After that re-hab for a bit and then back home. It is a long process. That was the first time she broke her hip back in 1999.

    Praying he recovers very fast.

    love ya and missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying the surgery goes well. I'm sure you DO have a lot going on right now with graduation preps!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.