Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Father-in-Law, Part 2

I am happy to report that we are praising Jesus from Central Alabama all the way to South Georgia! My dear fil came through his hip surgery wonderfully. God is so good! The doctors did not have to replace the whole hip, just the ball; so he will have an easier and a quicker recovery! God is so merciful! And during the surgery they did not put him to sleep completely, just an epidural, so he did not have to experience the horrible nausea that (for him) always accompanies the general anesthesia. Did I mention God is so merciful?

My dh is spending tonight in the hospital with his father. The doctors anticipate fil's release on Saturday or Sunday, followed by a 7 to 10 day stay in a rehabilitation/therapy home. Then he will stay at my sil's home until such time as she feels he is ready to be alone in his own home again. *Thank you, Jesus! You are so good!*

I am ready for my dh and dd to be back home, for us all to be together again. I don't like being apart. But I am glad that they were able to go. Thank you for praying! I am so glad we serve a God who hears us, One who responds, One who knows our needs before we even ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.