Friday, April 10, 2009

He's 18 Now!


Yep... it's official. My first-born son is 18 today. Happy Birthday Ryan! I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Where do the years go???" It seems like just yesterday I was bringing that little bundle of joy into this world, and now he's ready to embark on his own journey into this world! It's been a very rewarding journey for me, but it certainly doesn't feel like it's been 18 years! I'm so proud of him! He has brought so much joy to our family all these years (maybe a little bit of angst, but so much joy). I'm proud of the fine young man he is becoming. I'm thankful to my Lord that Ryan is walking with Him...that his heart is following Jesus. These are bittersweet days for me, and my emotions sometimes get the best of me. I hope he understands that on those days when I am the "mean momma" on his case all day long, it's on those days that I'm holding on to the years gone by for dear life!
We held a birthday party for him here at home last night, with about 30 of his friends. Thirty teenagers in my house all at once...Wow! It was loud, but it was fun. They are good kids and I'm so thankful that the Lord has blessed him with Godly friends. We'll take him out to eat lunch today...just the family. Tonight, he'll celebrate the Passover Meal with his friends from the youth group at church.
These are good days. Did I mention that I'm so proud of him?





1 comment:

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.