Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Preparing Myself...hmmm?




Ok, I've been backtracking and reading on Cynthia's blog over at http://bbentsbees.blogspot.com/, about her oldest dd moving out a couple years ago. I know God is preparing me for this, but it is SO hard. He's not even gone yet, and I'm moping around here. I really need to get a grip, I know!


It's not like he's moving out of the state, or even across the state for that matter. As I've said before, the college God has chosen for him is only about 30 miles away. But still, no matter how far away or how close, he will still be out of our house, away from home. And we won't see him very often, although I can call or text him as much as I like. Look at me, trying to pysche myself up about this!


Ready or not, graduation will be here in the blink of an eye. And even though he'll still be here at home with us while working a summer job before moving on to college, I've a feeling August will be here all too soon for me. I am so NOT looking forward to this new season of life.


Well, like Cynthia mentioned in her post, I too should stop moping around here since I have two more children who need me!

2 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))). It's SO HARD! I had heard people talk about the transition and I thought I was prepared and well... just know several of us who have been there before you will be here to encourage you through the difficult time. Your post made me tear up just remembering the hard time I had during our oldest's last year here at home.

    On the first day of her senior year, our 2nd dd came to me with tears in her eyes and said "this is Amanda's last first day of school" and well.. that's pretty much how the year went... lots of last times to CHOSE to enjoy - as DeEtta always says on her Chosing Joy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pic of your kids doing *school* ~ and I want to share with you that when Mandi went to YWAM for the short period of time.... we cried and cried.... and Wesley cried all the way back to Waycross from Jax. "MAMA, PLEASE NO LEAVE MANDI THERE.... PLEASE MAMA" It is hard.... but God will give you the extra grace at the perfect time.... and though it is hard YOU will do it. HUGS.

    Also Ryan still needs YOU. I am excited for you to watch this transformation ... it is different but so neat.

    Praying you through... love ya

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.