Thursday, April 9, 2009

What Does Your Easter Celebration Look Like?

I mentioned in an earlier post that my friend Teena at www.homeschoolblogger.com/teena6 was making an Easter Garden with her kids this week. She has posted some pictures on her facebook page, and on her blog now, and the garden is just beautiful! And at http://www.holyexperience.com/ I love Ann Voskamp's Easter tree. Of course, I haven't created either one here at my house. But the kids and I did make an arrangement for our kitchen table. It's made from artificial flowers and jelly beans. I didn't follow the color arrangement for the salvation plan with the jelly beans, but instead I followed "The Jelly Bean Easter Prayer" that my children made for Easter in Sunday School several years ago. I thought it was cute and it reminded me of when they were little.




Red is for the blood He gave,
Green is for the grass He made,
Yellow is for His sun so bright,
Orange is for the edge of night,
Black is for the sins we made,
White is for the grace He gave,
Purple is for His hours of sorrow,
Pink is for our new tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. awww you mentioned me again. :) How nice.

    I made my jelly bean vase today but ours did not work out as good as yours. I bought real tulips (silly me!) and they are already wilting! YOURS looks great. :)

    Wyatt & I think that is a leopard frog or a green frog.... we looked in our *Fun with Nature* book. :)

    HUGS
    Teena

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like... I'd love to hear from you.