The doctors decided not to do surgery yesterday. We're not sure why; they said his coumadin levels were in the target zone and that should not pose a problem. They just said they thought it best to wait. Some family members were a little miffed about the postponement; but I say God knows why we need to wait. He is in control and we will trust Him.
My dh decided last night that he and our dd would drive up this morning to be there for the surgery this afternoon. He felt that it would be best for our two sons and I to stay put for now. Oldest son doesn't want to miss any days at school (if he can help it) so he can exempt from finals. I am heading up a field trip for our homeschool group tomorrow...wasn't sure whether to postpone it and go on up with dh. And as for youngest son, I just knew what a long day it would be to spend at the hospital with him (the hospital is not in their hometown, so we would be just sitting at the hospital).
Now...after having said all that, I'm just not sure if it was the right thing to do. I know that all the other "stuff" we have going on is just that - stuff, unimportant stuff in the light of what really matters. It doesn't really matter in the long run if oldest son has to take final exams, if we miss AWANA tonight and a field trip tomorrow, or if youngest son is bored to tears and drives me crazy while sitting in hospital waiting room. However, dh really thinks this is what I should do and if complications arise, then the boys and I will just pack up and drive up there. Life is so hard sometimes.
Please continue to pray that all goes well with fil's surgery today.